The Twillman House is located in Spanish Lake Missouri. It was built in 1870 by John Henry Twillman, a German immigrant who came to the St. Louis area with his parents in 1842. The brick two-story house originally stood on a 370-acre farm. After his death in 1882, the farm land was divided between his family and the house then stood on 64 acres. His widow, Fredericka Kaune Twillman, and son Louis Henry Twillman ran this 64 acre farm. The house was purchased in 1945 and was turned into a restaurant and was one until the Spanish Lake Community Association purchased the home in 2005. Plans for this historic landmark include renovation and for its use as the home of the Community Association and a Community Center for Spanish Lake residents.
11840 Bellefontaine Road
Spanish Lake, MO 63138
314-741-4100 (voice mail for Spanish Lake Community Association)